South Carolina tennis hosts Ole Miss, Arkansas in final home matches of season

As postseason play approaches, the South Carolina men’s tennis team will look to break a five-match SEC losing streak when hosting No. 14 Ole Miss and Arkansas in the upcoming days in the team’s final home matches of the season. 

The Gamecocks, who started the season as the No. 27 team in the nation, have underachieved a bit in 2015 and have gone just 2-8 in SEC play. 

South Carolina hasn’t won a conference match since March 12 against Kentucky and is coming off a disappointing weekend, which featured losses to Alabama and Mississippi State. 

Nonetheless, the Gamecocks have an opportunity to build some momentum into the SEC tournament if they can play at a high level against the Rebels and the Razorbacks.

South Carolina faces Ole Miss Thursday before hosting Arkansas Saturday. 

The Gamecocks last squared off against the Rebels back in January, losing 4-2 to Ole Miss in the championship match of the ITA Kickoff Weekend event, which took place in Gainesville, Florida. 

The matchup between South Carolina and Arkansas will be the first between the two schools since March 2014, when the Gamecocks won 4-0. 

The upcoming matches will be the last at home for seniors Andrew Adams, Kyle Koch and Thiago Pinheiro. 

South Carolina will then finish off the regular season on the road against South Carolina State before participating in the SEC tournament, which begins on April 15.