Men's golf NCAA Regional: Round two update

Round two of the NCAA Bremerton Regional worked a little better for South Carolina, as they sit in 4th place with a total of 571 (-5) after two days.

Following Friday’s round of competition, redshirt junior Sean Kelly leads the way for the Gamecocks at four under par. After two rounds of play, he is in a three-way tie for 7th at -5 and three strokes behind the leader, Cheng-Tsung Pan from Washington.

After finishing round two at even par, junior Matt NeSmith has a total of 143 (-1). NeSmith and fellow junior Will Starke are tied for 17th, along with 4 other players. Starke finished his afternoon with a score of 72.

Will Murphy struggled on the front nine, double bogeying the first hole on his way to a three over par 39. He then shot even par on the back nine to limit the damage and to finish the day with a 75. Murphy, who shot one over on round one, is now tied for 36th at +4.

Caleb Sturgeon had a much better day for round two, finishing one over. Sturgeon, though, finishes tied for 48th at +6 after a rough day one.

After two rounds, TCU leads the field with a total of 564 (-12). UAB follows close behind with 565(-11), then Southern California in third with 569 (-7) and Baylor in fifth with 573 (-3).

The final round of the Bremerton Regional will be Saturday, with the Gamecocks teeing off at 10:50 a.m.  South Carolina looks to maintain their spot in the top five so they can advance to the NCAA Championship.