Shows returning to TV this fall

Louise recognizes the famous actor who played "Hawk" in the samurai movie franchise "Hawk & Chick."

With fall comes the return of many beloved television shows. Here’s a short run-down of 15 of your favorites starting back up over the next few months. 

"The Big Bang Theory" (Sept. 21, CBS)

Two physicists find themselves in nerd heaven when they share an apartment next to a beautiful waitress; both are socially awkward, and learning to deal with being in relationships. 

"Empire" (Sept. 23, FOX) 

A father who runs a successful record label has been diagnosed with a deadly disease that leaves him to choose which of his three sons will take over the family business. Things get interesting when his ex-wife is released from prison. 

"Modern Family" (Sept. 23, ABC)

Phil and Claire Dunphy navigate the stressful life of parenting with their three children and quirky family members. The show covers new forms of family with topics such as homosexuality, adoption and multicultural pairings. 

"Black-ish" (Sept. 23, ABC)

Anthony Anderson plays Dre Johnson, a dad who attempts to help his family of six embrace their culture in a white-washed environment. 

"The Middle" (Sept. 23, ABC)

A middle-class, seemingly unimaginative family undergoes the daily mishaps of life in suburban Indiana. 

"Grey’s Anatomy" (Sept. 24, ABC)

America’s biggest romantic medical drama focuses on the hardships Dr. Meredith Grey faces throughout her residency at the fictional Seattle Grace Hospital. 

"Scandal" (Sept. 24, ABC)

With a history at the White House, Olivia Pope creates her own crisis management firm full of secrets. 

"Bob’s Burgers" (Sept. 27, FOX)

Chronicling the lives of a family running a small-town hamburger shack, this show is perfect for both adults and children alike. 

"Criminal Minds" (Sept. 30, CBS)

The BAU, an elite group of profilers, go after America’s most wanted criminals in order to prevent the perpetrators from further action. 

"The Good Wife" (Oct. 4, CBS)

Alicia Florrick must continue on with her life after her husband’s political corruptness lands him in prison. She then begins a new career as First Lady of Illinois.

"Arrow" (Oct. 7, CW)

Oliver Queen spent most of his life as a spoiled billionaire, but after going missing for five years at sea, he returns as a changed man set on cleaning up the streets of his city. 

"The Vampire Diaries" (Oct. 8, CW) Targeting the hearts of girls around the world, "The Vampire Diaries" follows the life of Elena who, after her parents die, falls for two vampire brothers. 

"The Walking Dead" (Oct. 11, AMC)

Attempting to start over in a world destroyed by zombies, Sheriff Rick Grimes assumes the role of leader and protector for his family, as well as other survivors.