Weekend Calendar

Friday, Oct. 30

Michael’s Monster Ball

Free, 8 p.m. to midnight at Michael’s Cafe and Catering (1620 Main St., Columbia)

Spend the night before Halloween in a casual, family friendly environment. After eating appetizers, drinking and dancing, stick around to enjoy a costume contest.

Cica Presents: Nosferatu

Free, 8 p.m. at USC School of Music (813 Assembly St., Columbia)

Collaborations in Contemporary Art is showing “Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror,” the 1920s vampire film based on the story of Dracula. Celebrate Halloween a little early with this creepy, vintage movie.

Saturday, Oct. 31

13th Annual Swampfest at the Congaree

Free, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Congaree National Park (100 National Park Road, Hopkins)

Featuring live performances, this annual festival celebrates the surrounding community with an event for the whole family. Activities for kids, an art contest and various popular food vendors from around the city are more highlights to look forward to.

Hall of Horrors Haunted Attraction

$10, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Hall of Horrors (1153 Walter Price Road, Cayce)

This annual attraction features a legendary experimental hospital where mental health drug testing took place. If you’re brave enough to attend the last night of this attraction, be warned that it’s not for the faint of heart!

Sunday, Nov. 1

Columbia Jewish Film Festival's Opening Night

$10-$50, 6 p.m. at Katie and Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center (1607 Main St., Columbia)

The screening of the documentary “Touchdown Israel” is the kickoff for this 17-day festival. The festival’s mission is to entertain, educate and especially highlight the Jewish experience.

See the Sky Again

$30 ($25 in advance), 7 p.m. at Music Farm (1022 State St., Columbia)

Edwin McCain and Patrick Davis are performing to raise money for flood relief. Additional donations can be made through the Hootie & the Blowfish Foundation.