In Brief: Nov. 30

South Carolina Congressional Delegation worth over $14 million

The State reported Sunday that the Center for Responsive Politics has calculated that the South Carolina congressional delegation's net worth is approximately $14.2 million total. The delegation is made up of seven representatives — U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford, R-Charleston; U.S. Rep. Tom Rice, R-Myrtle Beach; U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney, R-Lancaster; U.S. Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-Laurens; U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson, R-Springdale; U.S. Jim Clyburn, D-Columbia; U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-Spartanburg — and two senators — Sen. Lindsay Graham and Sen. Tim Scott. Sanford has the highest worth at $4.5 million, while Gowdy has the lowest net worth at $167,500. According to the center, the net worth of each is calculated by averaging the total of the lawmakers’ debt and assets.

Olivia Culpo breaks up with Tim Tebow due to Florida alum's abstinence

A number of tabloids, mainly In Touch Weekly, are reporting that former Miss USA Olivia Culpo has broken up with Heisman trophy winner and ESPN college football analyst Tim Tebow after two months of dating because of the former Florida Gators and Denver Broncos quarterback because of his staunch stance against premarital sex. According to a source close to Culpo, the lack of sex in the relationship directly affected the break-up. Culpo has a history of dating those in favor promoting abstinence, namely former Jonas brothers member Nick Jonas, who ended his relationship with Culpo earlier this year.

Planned Parenthood shooter motivated by anti-abortion stance

According to ABC News, law enforcement officials heard Robert Dear, the man accused of shooting three people and injuring another nine at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, make comments during the shooting that suggests the his actions were out of animosity towards the organization practice of providing abortions. Eyewitness sources confirm the man was motivated by his anti-abortion beliefs, according to a Planned Parenthood spokesperson Vicki Cowart, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains. After a long standoff with police following the shooting on Friday, Dear remains in custody awaiting his initial court appearance Monday. The Justice Department is apparently building a domestic terrorism case against the accused according to sources.