Gamecocks begin road trip at Georgia

The men's basketball team is on the road this week with two games against Georgia and Texas A&M. 

The Gamecocks, who are undefeated at home, travel to Georgia to face the Bulldogs on Tuesday night. The Bulldogs only beat the Gamecocks once last season in the SEC Tournament but are going into Tuesday’s game with home field advantage. Then, on Saturday, South Carolina plays Texas A&M, who beat the Gamecocks last season.

As the first order of business, the Gamecocks will fight to keep their winning streak alive against the Bulldogs. The team has shown strength and improvement at the free-throw line, which is what aided them in their win on Saturday over Alabama. Senior forward Michael Carrera led the Gamecocks with 12 points at the line.

Carrera has shown his dominance on the court. Last week he led the team in points with 54 and rebounds with 26. Carrera is just seven points away from reaching 300 points scored this season.

If the Gamecocks can keep the momentum that they had on Saturday and shoot a high percentage, then they should be able to hold the Bulldogs. The Gamecocks, who are 6-2 in conference play, have shown little mercy on the court and plan on continuing to bring the heat as they enter this two-matchup week.