Autobiographies by funny females entertain, inform

Tina Fey, left, and Amy Poehler on stage at the 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016. (Robert Gauthier/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.”

We’ve all probably heard this quote by poet E. E. Cummings, and it’s a great one to live by. If you love laughing and can’t get enough of your favorite comedians, here are four autobiographies by some famous women of comedy that are sure to delight.

“Yes Please” by Amy Poehler

In “Yes Please,” Poehler is very candid about the accomplishments and downfalls that have marked her career. She talks about her upbringing, her launch into her career, her marriage, her children and her divorce, and she does not hold back her opinions. The book is very serious, yet still retains the hilarity of Poehler's personality. It includes essays such as “My Books on Divorce,” “Humping Justin Timberlake,” “Parents Just Do Understand” and “Don’t Forget to Tip Your Waitresses.”

“Bossypants” by Tina Fey

Fey writes her book very much as an autobiography, chronologically telling her readers of her childhood, various jobs, college career and path to success. She cracks jokes on almost every page, leaving you laughing out loud as you read. If you find yourself discouraged by the menial obstacles in the way of your dream career or literally climbing mountains to get your crush’s attention, “Bossypants” is for you. If Fey can get through it, you can, too. The book includes chapters such as “Remembrances of Being a Little Bit Fat,” “The Secrets of Mommy’s Beauty” and “Peeing In Jars With Boys.”

“Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)” by Mindy Kaling

If you’re a fan of "The Office" or "The Mindy Project," Kaling’s book is sure to entertain. She tells of her childhood and path to success in a perfectly candid way while still maintaining a positive outlook. This book will have you giggling at every chapter. It includes essays such as “Chubby for Life,” “The Day I Stopped Eating Cupcakes” and “In Defense of Chest Hair.”

“Not That Kind of Girl” by Lena Dunham

If you find HBO’s “Girls” at times almost a bit too relatable, this book is definitely the one for you. Though it has been surrounded by some controversy, Dunham’s book is a great read. Dunham is the youngest of these four comedians, and her experiences resonate the most with college students or young professionals. She tells of her experiences of dating, dieting, work-life and friendship. She discusses some of the darker sides of growing up, including death and sexual assault. Some of her essays include “Take My Virginity (No, Really, Take It),” “Girl Crush: That Time I Was Almost a Lesbian, Then Vomited” and “True Punk.”