Songs to kick off summer

Nothing sets the mood for summer quite like a great soundtrack. Put these tunes on during a car ride with the windows down and feel the joy of summer as the warm breeze blows by.

"New Romantics" by Taylor Swift

A celebratory song of fun and freedom, "New Romantics" sets the stage for a great summer. With lyrics like, “The best people in life are free,” where can you go wrong?

"Middle" by DJ Snake

Although this track may seem to appeal more to those who like electro music or remixes, "Middle" has a fast, exciting beat that anyone can jam to. It is the perfect party track, so press play on this song and get ready to dance.

"NO" by Meghan Trainor

Catering to the girls in this sassy song, Trainor celebrates the freedom of being a confidant woman who won't take crap from any guy. Flaunt your confidence, go out with your girls and feel the freedom of summer in this likable song.

"Electric Love" by BØRNS

A carefree song of love and attraction, "Electric Love" is the perfect soundtrack to a summer filled with the excitement of new love and adventures.

"Me, Myself and I" by G-Eazy

On the other end of the spectrum, "Me, Myself and I" echoes the freedom of being on your own and living your own life. You can celebrate summer with either the excitement of a summer romance or the freedom of doing your own thing with friends or even venturing out on your own.

No matter the song, everyone needs a few perfect tracks to set them up for a great summer. Music can set the backdrop for the memories that we will carry through the rest of our lives. For a longer summer soundtrack, check out our "Sounds of Summer" playlist by thedailygamecock on Spotify.