Carolina Productions lays out plans for new semester

Last year, Carolina Productions hosted a variety of events for students, including Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson speaking in the Russell House, Rae Sremmund performing at Cockstock and a comedy set from America’s Got Talent contestant Drew Lynch. This year, new president Keifer Negri hopes to continue where the organization left off by offering a new slate of interesting events.

Negri said that Carolina Productions is aiming to use the feedback they received last semester to bring the USC student body the events they desire.

“Carolina Productions strives to be an organization by the students and for the students, with that we like to give the student body a voice when it comes to our events,” Negri said. “We heard a lot of positive feedback about Cockstock so we plan to continue working with Student Government to build that tradition.”

While Carolina Productions is offering numerous shows over the spring semester, Negri said the one he is looking forward to the most is a comedy act from Nathan Fielder in April.

“I am a big fan of his comedy and I know he will bring a hilarious and engaging event for the student body,” Negri said.

In addition to the big events like Nathan Fielder’s act and SpringFest, Carolina Productions will also continue to show movies at the Russell House on the weekends and encourage students to show off their talents with their Acoustic Café events and open mic nights. According to Negri, students who are talented in music or comedy will also have a bigger stage to show off their talents in Carolina Production’s Battle of the Bands in March and a student comedy competition on Feb. 13.

Negri served as the daytime events coordinator over the past year until he had the skills necessary to move up to president, a position he hopes he can use to have an impact on the USC student body.

"This organization gave me a home away from home and has given me the desire to serve the student body to the best of my ability,” Negri said. “I want to give back to the organization and the students that have changed my life and I hope to make a similar impact to others with this position.”

The organization will hold their Phase 1 Calendar Launch on Greene Street Jan. 10 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. There students will be able to get a full list of the events planned for the first two months of the semester. The calendar also has the full committee meeting schedule on the back for students interested in joining Carolina Productions.