Summer releases you don't want to miss

May 5

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”

This is the second installment in the series, after the first came out in 2014. Chris Pratt will be back again as Peter Quill, but this time he’s diving into his past while trying to keep the Guardians together.

Mac DeMarco, “This Old Dog”

The artist behind “Salad Days” and “2” is back again with a new album. If his singles “This Old Dog” and “On the Level” are any indication, then fans can expect a laid back, reflective album typical of DeMarco.

May 12

Harry Styles, “Harry Styles”

Harry Styles is following his bandmates’ footsteps by releasing a solo album in May. His first single “Sign of the Times” already indicates an artist who has outgrown his pop boy band sound.

May 19

“Everything, Everything”

Based on the novel by Nicola Yoon, this movie is an anticipated love story about a girl who has never been outside because of a rare disease who meets and falls for the boy who moves in next door.

May 25

“Baywatch”

The remake of the 1989 classic TV show will release soon, featuring Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron solving crime as they work on the bay.

May 26

“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”

This is the fifth installment of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” series, and it finds Captain Jack Sparrow faced with an old enemy from his past.

June 2

“Wonder Woman”

In the first heroine comic movie from DC, “Wonder Woman” will tell the story of Diana, an Amazonian princess that leaves the jungle after hearing of trouble in the outside world.

Bleachers, “Gone Now”

After his debut album “Strange Desire” in 2014, Jack Antonoff is back as Bleachers for his next release. His ‘80s synth-pop sound can be expected again in June.

June 16

“All Eyez on Me”

A documentary on Tupac Shakur will be released in June. It will follow the early days of the influential rapper until his early death at 25.

Lorde, “Melodrama”

The “Green Light” and “Liability” singer’s sophomore release will finally be available in June, and fans can expect it to be a good one.

Chuck Berry, “Chuck”

Berry’s album was announced before his death in March, but will still be released on schedule. The posthumous release will be Berry’s first album with new music in 38 years.

June 23

“Transformers: The Last Knight”

This will be the fifth Transformers release since the series began in 2007. This film explores the history of the Transformers on Earth as war closes in.

July 7

“Spider-Man: Homecoming”

Though Andrew Garfield’s Spiderman is no more, this new installment will be a fresh change for fans because it includes the Avengers; specifically, Tony Stark as Peter Parker’s mentor.

June 16

“Game of Thrones,” Season 7

Though not technically a release, the upcoming season of “Game of Thrones” is so anticipated that it is impossible to skip. Fans will finally get some of their burning questions from the sixth season answered.

June 21

“Dunkirk”

Christopher Nolan’s first war movie is expected in July. The “Inception” director has taken a break since 2014, and is back with a World War II film about the battle on the shores of Dunkirk, France.