Drive-In to open in Bowman

A new drive-in movie theater will open in South Carolina on Aug. 18.  Located in Bowman, South Carolina, the theater is a partnership between Yonder Field and Highway 21 Drive-In.

Yonder Field is a versatile concert, festival and event space that is set to officially open in late August with the Solar Eclipse Festival.  In conjunction with a festival experience, Yonder Field also offers the option for guests to tailgate before the event or camp out after the show.

The theater will start with one screen, but will expand to three films on three separate screens stationed on the 200-acre lot in September.

“We thought it would be a great way to utilize Yonder Field beyond the season and everyone loves the Drive-In, right?  It's great to be in the open air and our beautiful landscape will serve as an incredible backdrop for a full night of fun,” said Yonder Field spokeswoman Laurie Fultz.

Fultz mentioned that while the drive-in does not currently allow overnight campers, it is a foreseeable possibility in the future.  However, the theater does include a live music performance from local bands 90 minutes before each screening, as well as lawn games, traditional movie concessions and a food truck village.

The Yonder Field Drive-In, which will be called “Movies Rock!,” is one of only three permanent drive-in theaters in the state.

“There are very few areas that are fortunate enough to have Drive-Ins. We are so excited to be able to offer this to everyone in the area,” Fultz said.

The venue will announce upcoming movies on its website and Facebook page.