Four-star defensive back Jaycee Horn commits to Tennessee over USC

Under Armour All-American defensive back Jaycee Horn of Alpharetta, Georgia, narrowed down his long list of offers to three SEC schools, but Tennessee won him over in the end.

Horn, a member of the 2018 recruiting class, announced his commitment on Thursday, choosing Tennessee over South Carolina and Alabama. The 6-foot, 174-pound cornerback announced his decision via a Facebook Live video on SEC Country’s Facebook page at 7 p.m.

Horn, who is rated as the 25th cornerback in the 2018 class by 247Sports, said he decided to commit to Tennessee around Monday night. While the Gamecocks were in Horn’s top three list of schools, he will now be facing them on the gridiron each year.

"It was really just up and down with me," Horn said during the livestream. "I came out with different leaders. It just weighed heavily on my mind ... It's hard to say no to all these these schools. They're great universities and I feel like I can't go wrong going to any one of these schools."

The four-star cornerback is the son of Joe Horn, who is a former NFL wide receiver and currently an assistant coach at Northeast Mississippi Community College.

According to 247Sports’ crystal ball predictor, Horn had an 86 percent chance of committing to Tennessee and a 14 percent chance to commit to the Gamecocks. His most recent visit to USC was on June 14 for a camp. His last visit prior to his Thursday announcement was to Tennessee on July 22.

Horn finished his junior campaign at Alpharetta High School with 29 tackles (25 solo) and six interceptions for 184 yards in 11 games. Nine of Horn’s 39 offers came from SEC schools, including USC, Tennessee, Alabama, Ole Miss, Missouri, Mississippi State, LSU, Georgia and Auburn, per 247Sports. He is the third cornerback committed to Tennessee’s 2018 class.