Who to follow on social media this season

For USC football players, using social media during the season comes with more risk than reward, said head coach Will Muschamp.

“We talked about the positive impact it can have in marketing your brand, but we also talked about the negative impact it can have, and when you press send, it’s over,” Muschamp said.

Muschamp said he isn’t enforcing a strict social media ban this season, but is encouraging his players to be smart and use good judgement online.

“Our guys just need to be smart,” Muschamp said. “We don’t want to talk about our football activities on the Internet. That’s no one else’s business; what happens here stays here. Our guys understand that. I just ask them to use good judgment. I’m not going to be the Twitter police; that’s not something I care to do. I let our guys use good judgment and make good choices and decisions.”

While most of the players, including quarterback Jake Bentley, are going offline for the season, there are still multiple must-follow accounts to stay updated on the team and get your daily Gamecock football fix. Check out our favorite Twitter accounts below:

Name: Justin King

Handle: @JustinKing

Followers: 21,700

Justin King was hired as USC’s Associate Athletics Director for New and Creative Media in February. King plays a key role in developing the social media accounts and online communication strategy of Gamecock football and oversees the production of graphics and video content. In just a few months on the job, the USC grad has drawn widespread attention for his stunning videos and promotional graphics. If you’re looking to get excited for the upcoming football season, King is a must-follow.

Name: Will Muschamp

Handle: @CoachWMuschamp

Followers: 274,000

Keep your eyes peeled for the legendary “#SpursUp” tweets from South Carolina head coach Will Muschamp. The tweets signal a recruit has committed to the Gamecocks and garner buzz from online communities of Gamecock fans. Muschamp is also known to tweet updates on former Gamecocks who are succeeding in the NFL. He may not be the Twitter police, but his own social media game is pretty strong.

Name: Cocky

Handle: @Cocky2001

Followers: 37,500

USC’s beloved mascot is as active on Twitter as he is on the dance floor. Follow to see which sporting events Cocky will be attending and to get an inside look at the life of the legendary USC mascot.

Name: Gamecock Athletics

Handle: @GamecocksOnline

Followers: 246,000

The official Twitter account for Gamecock Athletics is a one-stop shop for updates, videos and highlights of every USC sport from football to swimming and diving.

Name: Marcus Lattimore

Handle: @MarcusLattimore

Followers: 257,000

The former USC running back and fan favorite is now a head coach at Heathwood Hall Episcopal School in Columbia. Follow for updates on his personal life, new coaching gig and of course, Gamecock football memories.

Name: DailyGamecock Sports

Handle: @TDG_Sports

Followers: 3,337

For updates and articles on USC football and other sports, follow The Daily Gamecock Sports’ official Twitter account.

Name: Gamecock Student Rewards

Handle: @GamecockRewards

Followers: 4,947

To earn football tickets and other prizes, including Under Armour apparel, students must collect points by attending USC athletic events. The Gamecock Rewards’ Twitter account is a helpful resource for students looking to maximize and cash in on their points. It not only reminds students of upcoming games, but also shares point specials where students can earn double or triple the original point value for a game.