Gamecocks in the NFL: Alshon Jeffery, D.J. Swearinger have big Week 8

As South Carolina continues to produce future professional talent on the gridiron, the current Gamecocks in the NFL are continuing to shine on the Sunday main stage. 

Jared Cook

The Oakland Raiders' tight end had four receptions for 57 yards against the Buffalo Bills. Cook has had a fairly productive year with 31 receptions for 373 yards through eight games with the Raiders. 

Jadeveon Clowney

The Texans' defensive end had four tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack against the Seahawks in Week 8. Clowney has had another productive season following his Pro Bowl season. This season, he has recorded 23 tackles, four sacks, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and two passes defended. 

Bruce Ellington

The Texan had one reception for 13 yards against the Seahawks. Ellington, a fourth round pick in the 2014 draft, is in his first year with The Texans after spending two years with the 49ers. This season, he has 12 receptions for 168 yards and one touchdown. 

Melvin Ingram

The Chargers' outside linebacker had an unusually slow day for his standards, recording one tackle and one quarterback hit against the Patriots. This year, Ingram has been a force to be reckoned with, recording 31 tackles, 8.5 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. 

Alshon Jeffery

The Philadelphia Eagle was the leading receiver in Week 8, in which he had two receptions for 62 yards and a touchdown against the 49ers. In his first season with the Eagles, Jeffery has recorded 28 receptions for 416 yards and three touchdowns.

Darian Stewart

The Denver Bronco finished with two tackles and an interception against the Chiefs. So far this year, he has amassed 32 tackles and one interception. 

Johnathan Joseph

Teammates with Clowney, Joseph recorded four tackles against the Seahawks. Joseph has 20 tackles and two picks on the season. 

D.J. Swearinger

The Redskin ranked second on the team with seven tackles against the Cowboys in Week 8, bringing his season total to 33 tackles and two passes defended.