Former Gamecock PJ Dozier linked to FBI investigation

Yahoo Sports shocked the college basketball world Friday morning, saying they obtained reports about multiple college basketball programs involved in a federal investigation. 

In that, former South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier and current freshman Brian Bowen were linked to the investigation that features dozens of high-profile college athletes across the country, saying they received money from sports agents for their playing time. 

Dozier was reported in the documents to have received $6,115 from ASM Sports while playing at South Carolina. If the reports are true and the NCAA takes action, South Carolina could be forced to vacate games Dozier played in, which includes the Final Four run. 

South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner released a statement Friday morning on the report, but head men's basketball coach Frank Martin has yet to make a comment. 

"We first learned of the allegations in the Yahoo Sports report last night, and remain committed to cooperating with the NCAA and the DOJ," Tanner said. 

Bowen's family was reported to have received over $7,000 when he first committed to Louisville, which prompted his transfer to South Carolina. 

The documents are linked to the FBI probe that resulted in the arrest of former South Carolina assistant coach Lamont Evans back in October. 

This investigation targets top players across the country, including former Clemson player Jaron Blossomgame, and players from SEC schools including LSU, Kentucky, Alabama and Vanderbilt.