Gamecock football transitions to mobile student ticketing

USC vs. ECU
USC vs. ECU

The Gamecock Student Rewards app is looking to make student ticketing more streamlined with mobile ticketing for the upcoming football game against Coastal Carolina. 

“This is exactly what we envisioned when we set out to make our athletic ticketing process easier for students,” said student ticketing manager Patrick Flynn in a press release.

Through collaboration between Student Government, Student Ticketing and the University of South Carolina Athletics Department, students are able to request and receive football tickets through the updated Gamecock Student Rewards app. 

“When developing our new all mobile student ticketing offering with our partner, Experience, we focused on convenience and simplicity for our students. With just a few taps on their mobile device, students can get their tickets and enter the venue,” Flynn said.

The request and claim system will remain online like in past years. However, the new Gamecock Student Rewards app streamlines the process. 

In order to request football tickets, students will need to download the app and select “Request Student Ticket.” On Wednesday, students who are awarded a ticket will be notified, and their ticket will be delivered via text on gameday. Athletics officials advise students with iPhones to download their ticket to the Apple Wallet app. All students are asked to already have their ticket pulled up when they get in line in order to avoid delays.

Students will no longer need to have their Carolina Card scanned to get into games. Still, students are advised to still bring their Carolina Card to the game because officials can ask to see it at anytime.

More information regarding requesting a ticket for the Coastal Carolina game on Sept. 1 can be found here.