Injury woes hit Gamecocks

default sports
default sports

As the Gamecocks enter week six of the season and the thick of their SEC schedule begins, injuries are mounting up for Will Muschamp’s squad. 

Receiver Bryan Edwards was sidelined with an ankle sprain during the game. Both are expected to be able to return to action Saturday against injury. Head coach Will Muschamp told The State that Bentley's injury is "nothing serious" and said during a Sunday night teleconference that the junior is "day-to-day."R

Bentley was joined by receiver Bryan Edwards, who was sidelined with an ankle sprain during the game. Both are expected to be able to return to action Saturday against Missouri.

In the secondary, sophomore corner Jamyest Williams and senior graduate transfer safety, J.T. Ibe were both injured in the game. Williams suffered a shoulder injury and the specifics of his injury are unknown. Ibe hurt his knee, and the severity of his injury is also unknown. 

Linebacker Eldridge Thompson and running back Ty’son Williams both missed the matchup with Kentucky due to injuries. These injuries are in addition to the absence of defensive end and  2017 sack leader D.J. Wonnum. Wonnum was injured during South Carolina's matchup versus Coastal Carolina, and is expected to return after the Gamecocks' bye week, according to Will Muschamp.