SEC Network welcomes WNBA star

One of the most recognizable faces of South Carolina women's basketball has joined SEC Network and will analyze the sport that led her to become the 2018 WNBA Rookie of the Year.

Gamecock alumna A'ja Wilson will start working with SEC Network as a college basketball analyst. Wilson previously got to experience a bit of what live coverage is like after commentating on South Carolina's game against Furman, but this will be different territory. 

Wilson won't be the only Gamecock family member at SEC Network. She'll work alongside anchor and South Carolina alumna Alyssa Lang for the first two editions of the Thursday night pregame show, "SEC Now." Lang expressed her excitement for Wilson in a tweet Wednesday which reads, "Another #Gamecock on the @SECNetwork?! Sound good to me. See you tomorrow @_ajawilson22."

"SEC Now" will air starting Thursday, Jan. 17 at 6:30 p.m. Wilson will highlight various SEC players and teams while covering the 2019 SEC Women's Basketball Tournament in Greenville, South Carolina.

Staley congratulated Wilson on her new role on Twitter stating, "Oh welcome to @SECNetwork!!"

In addition to Staley, Gamecock Nation has surrounded Wilson with support as she becomes a member of SEC Network.