The Bachelor: You either love it or hate it

Colton Underwood at the Disney ABC 2018 Summer Press Tour at the Beverly Hilton on August 7, 2018 in Beverly Hills, California. (Scott Kirkland/PictureGroup/Sipa USA/TNS)

There are two types of people in this world: those who love "The Bachelor" and those who do not. 

Millions of people tune in every Monday at 8 p.m. and are glued to the television for the next two hours, patiently waiting to see who gets a rose that week. 

Colton’s season of "The Bachelor" first aired earlier this year when 30 beautiful women stepped out of their limos one by one to meet their potential future husband.

It began again with Chris Harrison giving his whole spiel about how this season is the most dramatic in bachelor history, blah blah blah. He says it every time, but how much more dramatic can it get? 

Something that "The Bachelor" franchise has really dragged out this season, understandably, is Colton’s virginity. That is very private information, but it’s reality TV gold, right? 

However, the majority of the drama this season has been between the girls, also not surprising. 

Thirty women are stuck in a house together with no contact with the outside world. They spend all of their time either with each other or with the one boy they are all simultaneously dating. It's a recipe for disaster. 

In every season, there is always that person whose sole purpose seems to be stirring the pot — someone who never fails to foster hostility between herself and other girls. This season, it was Demi. Too bad she had to go home, sad face. 

Some other villains I can recall include Chad from JoJo’s season, Krystal from Arie’s season, Olivia from Ben’s season. These so-called villains of the show do make it more interesting, and we can see why they stick around for so long.

I thought the last season of "The Bachelor" was as dramatic as it could get. I mean, come on, Arie proposes to a girl and then changes his mind a few weeks later and wants the runner-up? Then, the show records him breaking up with her on TV? Intruding on a private conversation as emotional as that is cruel. 

In this season, it seems like Colton has a mini breakdown in every episode, usually about the same problem — but I am waiting for Colton’s big meltdown, I know it's coming. 

Every week we see the same teaser in the previews for the next week: Colton catapulting himself over a fence, leaving Chris Harrison and the anxious women wondering where he went. 

Is subjecting people to an atmosphere that fosters animosity morally just? Let me go ahead and answer that: it isn’t. 

I do not know how the women and men involved in this franchise go through that, but major props to them for trying because I know I would not last long. 

Yet here I am, every Monday night at 8 p.m., glued to my television screen just like everyone else. 

Chris Harrison, if you’re reading this (and you definitely are), will next season be “the most dramatic season yet,” too? Let me know please. I don’t know how much more I can take.

Sincerely, a concerned Bachelor fanatic