Gamecock women's soccer downs Ole Miss 2-0 on senior night

South Carolina women’s soccer celebrated senior night at Stone Stadium by defeating SEC opponent Ole Miss 2-0. 

The Gamecocks began the night by honoring senior players Grace Fisk, Rebecca Koch, Elexa Bahr, Tatumn Milazzo and Mikayla Krzeczowski, and finished it remaining undefeated this season in conference play.

Bahr opened the scoring for the Gamecocks in the 17th minute of the contest with a goal from the left side which was assisted on by Anna Patten.

“Elexa, being a senior, she earned that role this year where we played her in the middle and up top," head coach Shelley Smith said. "She’s really grown into the position and shown what she can do."

This goal was Bahr’s fifth on the year.  

“For every senior we can all say like we wanted to leave something — a legacy — here, and I guess that’s my legacy: scoring goals," Bahr said after the game. 

The second goal of the game came in the 64th minute of the second half and was put in by Claire Griffiths, her first of the season. The goal came after the ball had been knocked around in the box multiple times and then settled just outside of the box where Griffiths was able to take advantage. 

Senior goalkeeper Krzeczowski notched her 43rd career shutout and added three saves on the night to give her 190 in her career. 

“It was definitely really special," Krzeczowski said, referring to her senior night shutout.

South Carolina came out attacking in the first half with advantages in shots (8-3), shots on goal (3-1) and corners (4-1). The Gamecocks carried the same energy into the second half and finished with a telling 13-to-five shot advantage.

This Gamecock senior class solidifies their spot in the record books with this win moving them into a tie for first in with 66 overall wins and 32 SEC victories. 

“As a senior class we’re, you know, really close and love each other, so it’s just really nice to be able to be on the field together," senior defender Fisk said.

The team now moves to 13-1-2 on the season and 6-0-2 in conference play ahead of its matchup against Florida this Sunday. 

“We’ve set ourselves up to go into Florida and play for championships,” Smith said. “It’s a big, big game.”

The Gamecocks are set to take on the No. 19 Gators on Sunday at 3 p.m. on SEC Network .

"We’re definitely gonna go in there with the right mindset," Krzeczowski said. "We definitely want that title, so we’re gonna fight for it.”