Three former Gamecocks head to Super Bowl

Three former South Carolina Gamecocks, Rashad Fenton, Chris Lammons and Deebo Samuel are headed to Super Bowl 54.

Fenton and Lammons play for the Kansas City Chiefs, and Samuel is a rookie wide receiver for the San Fransisco 49ers.

Rashad Fenton

Fenton, No. 27, will play the Super Bowl in his hometown, Miami. A rookie cornerback, this is his first NFL season.

At the University of South Carolina, he started 12 of 13 games in his senior season. He recorded 34 tackles with 2.5 tackles for loss and six pass breakups. He tied for seventh in the SEC in 2018 with three interceptions.

In Fenton's first year with the Chiefs, he had a total of 11 tackles, one forced fumble and one interception. Fenton was selected as the first of two picks in the sixth round by the Chiefs, 201st overall. 

Chris Lammons

Lammons, number 38, is a first-year cornerback playing his first season with the Chiefs. In 2018, he entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Falcons.

At the University of South Carolina, he started all 13 games his senior year and ranked No. 3 on the team with 79 tackles. He was the team's leading punt returner with 19 returns for 141 yards and ranked No. 6 in the SEC in 2017.

Lammons and Fenton received the Unselfish Teammate Reward for the Gamecocks in 2017 and 2018, respectively.

Deebo Samuel

Samuel was a second-round, 36th overall draft pick by San Fransisco in 2019. Samuel is ranked No. 2 for the total number of receiving yards and most receptions in a season by a 49ers rookie. He has a total of 802 yards and 57 receptions.

Samuel, number 19, has played in 15 games and started 11, with three touchdowns for the 49ers. 

At South Carolina, Samuel received first-team All-SEC honors. In his five years, he played in 30 games and had a total of 148 receptions for 2,076 yards and 16 touchdowns.

He saw time as a kick returner and made 42 returns for 1,219 yards and four touchdowns.

Super Bowl 54 will be played in Miami Gardens, Florida, at Hard Rock Stadium. Kickoff is Feb. 2 at 6:30 p.m. It can be seen on Fox.