South Carolina women's basketball finishes regular season with win over Texas A&M on senior day

The Gamecocks closed out their regular season with a 60-52 win over the Texas A&M Aggies, finishing the season undefeated in the SEC.

Senior forward Mikiah Herbert Harrigan and senior point guard Tyasha Harris were honored before the game by head coach Dawn Staley and President Bob Caslen for their careers as Gamecocks, as today was Senior Day.

"[Herbert Harrigan and Harris] enjoyed their experience here at South Carolina, we’ve enjoyed them, and we’ve enjoyed working with them throughout the maturation process in becoming successful young ladies, but it doesn’t stop," Staley said. "It doesn’t stop here.” 

Herbert Harrigan led the Gamecocks' offense with 20 points, followed by freshman forward Aliyah Boston with 13 points and Harris, who had 9 points and six assists. Boston led the team's defense with eight rebounds along with Herbert Harrigan, who finished the day with six defensive rebounds and three blocks.

South Carolina's offense outscored Texas A&M in three of four quarters and ended the game with a 37.3% field goal percentage. The Gamecocks also led in defensive rebounds, with 32 compared to the Aggies' 27, and had a total of eight blocks throughout the game.

Junior guard Kayla Wells led the Aggies with 15 points, along with junior guard Chennedy Carter, who scored 12 points, and junior guard Aaliyah Wilson, who scored 10. Junior Aggie forward N'dea Jones led the defense with 10 defensive rebounds, for 12 rebounds overall.

The South Carolina woman's basketball team will head to the SEC tournament in Greenville, South Carolina. The tournament will go from March 4 to 8.