Ryan Hilinski enters transfer portal

Sophomore quarterback Ryan Hilinski waits for the snap against Tennessee on Oct. 26, 2019.  Hilinski entered the transfer portal Wednesday.
Sophomore quarterback Ryan Hilinski waits for the snap against Tennessee on Oct. 26, 2019. Hilinski entered the transfer portal Wednesday.

South Carolina sophomore quarterback Ryan Hilinksi has entered the transfer portal, according to multiple sources.

"This has been the hardest decision I have had to make in my entire life," Hilinski said in a tweet. "It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to enter the transfer portal."

Hilinski started 11 games in the 2019 season, but was considered the third-string quarterback behind freshman Luke Doty and graduate Collin Hill.

In the 2019 season, Hilinski had 236 completions on 406 attempts and threw for 2,357 yards. Hilinksi had 11 passing touchdowns and 5 interceptions. In 2020, Hilinski only played in two games, with a total of four completions on six attempts and only 34 yards. 

Hilinski was a 4-star recruit in the 2019 class and was one of the top pro-style quarterback recruits in the nation.

Throughout his time at South Carolina, Hilinski was a voice for mental health and well-being through his family’s foundation, Hilinski’s Hope