Founders Park increases capacity to 50% for remainder of baseball season ahead of series against No. 1 Arkansas

<p>Upset with a call, a South Carolina fan throws their hands up in frustration during the second game against Auburn at Founders Park in 2019.</p>
Upset with a call, a South Carolina fan throws their hands up in frustration during the second game against Auburn at Founders Park in 2019.

Founders Park is increasing its capacity to 50% for the remainder of the 2021 baseball season due to changes in COVID-19 guidelines and increased vaccinations in South Carolina.

This change comes after campus health officials changed socially distanced seating guidelines from 6 feet to 3 feet, increasing the capacity from 1,938 to 3,350. Founders Park will join six other SEC schools in opening their baseball parks between 40% to 55%.

The new capacity will go into effect starting Thursday as the No.11 Gamecocks host the No. 1 Arkansas Razorbacks.

All 2020 and 2021 season ticket holders will be able to purchase single-game tickets on Tuesday, April 20, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.

Gamecock Club members will be able to purchase tickets for the Arkansas series after 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 20, until Thursday, April 22, at noon. Tickets for the rest of the season will be available from April 20 after 3 p.m. until Monday, April 26, at 10 a.m.

Single-game tickets will be available to the general public starting Thursday, April 22, at noon for the Arkansas series and Monday, April 26, for the remainder of the home games.

Eligible students will be sent information about additional student tickets.

Founders Park is still asking fans that are attending games to remain socially distanced by at least 3 feet and to wear masks while inside the park to follow CDC and DHEC guidelines.