TikTok star Brittany Broski hosts The Dating Game, brings laughs to Koger Center

<p>TikTok star Brittany Broski served as a gameshow host and responded to questions in a Q&amp;A at 'The Dating Game' event on Feb. 21. in the Koger Center.</p>
TikTok star Brittany Broski served as a gameshow host and responded to questions in a Q&A at 'The Dating Game' event on Feb. 21. in the Koger Center.

How does Tik Tok star Brittany Broski feel about the name Cocky? Awful.

At least that’s what she said in the Q&A portion of The Dating Game from Carolina Productions on Monday when they asked her about the name for the Gamecock mascot. 

Along with several other comedic moments, the event featured Broski, a TikTok star with over 6 million followers, as she hosted a partition dating game at the Koger Center. The event started at 7 p.m. and ran until around 8:20 p.m., featuring four contestants picking the date of their choice and a 20 minute Q&A that featured questions of all types.

People started lining up outside the Center at 5 p.m. with one group, the first in line, getting there at 4:50 p.m.

The fans, Lindsey Pritchard, a first-year public relations student, and Dakota McDaniel, a first-year advertising student, said they watch Broski on TikTok and YouTube and wanted front-row seats.They have been planning on coming to the event since it was announced. 

"I'm looking forward to good laughs. I'm just excited to see her do whatever," said Pritchard. "It doesn't really matter to me like what she's doing on stage, it's just that she's there, I'm excited to just see her."

The two said they were there for the comedy and planned to ask questions on the available Q&A Google Form submission. 

Broski, occasionally sipping on her RedBull or coconut water, answered everything from favorite foods to advice for college students. She also talked about her favorite college memories, her celebrity friends, meeting her icons and more.  

For the potential new Russell House mascot, the squirrel cartoon, she said she co-signs on the name "Cooter."

"Almost assuredly that has the green stamp," Broski said. 

Throughout the event, there was lots of crowd interaction, with Broski joking that this was not an interactive event many times throughout the night. Students screamed questions during the Q&A and finger waved the number of the contestant they preferred. 

At the end of the night, all four contestants had found a date, and many questions has been answered. 

Kaminsky's gift cards in hand, Matt Chesnutt, a second-year music education student, said he had a great time but was nervous during the event. He enjoyed getting to meet Broski and said that she was super nice and fun to talk to. 

Maegan Latham, a third-year mass communications student, also said that Broski was so sweet and enjoyed getting to meet her. 

"She was the funniest person I've ever met in my entire life, she was so sweet," Latham said. "I literally was starstruck."

She said that it was the best experience and that she was very nervous to meet Broski. Even though her date and her may not work out, it was all worth it for her. 

"I got to meet Brittany. So that was the real win," Latham said.