More South Carolina sporting events moved in anticipation of Hurricane Ian

<p>The South Carolina women's soccer team watch as the team's new intro video is unveiled during the Gamecocks matchup with Eastern Carolina matchup on August 21, 2022.</p>
The South Carolina women's soccer team watch as the team's new intro video is unveiled during the Gamecocks matchup with Eastern Carolina matchup on August 21, 2022.

Four more South Carolina athletic events besides the football game have been rescheduled due to the potential impact of Hurricane Ian. 

This week’s women’s soccer game against Florida is being moved from to Thursday at 7 p.m. from its original time of Friday night. Thursday’s equestrian match against Baylor was originally scheduled to start at 2 p.m but will now start at noon.  

Saturday’s football game against SC State was the first game to be moved this week. It was scheduled for noon on Saturday but will now take place Thursday at 7 p.m.

Wednesday saw the rescheduling of an additional two sporting events in preparation for the hurricane, which made landfall in Florida earlier today.

The South Carolina softball team announced its fall opener against USC Beaufort will now be played on Friday, Oct. 21 at 6 p.m. The game was originally scheduled for Friday at 6 p.m.

South Carolina’s club hockey team also announced via Twitter that its rivalry matchup against Clemson, originally set for Friday at 8:30 p.m., will be postponed and rescheduled at a later date.

Hurricane Ian is expected to impact the Columbia area this weekend. The national weather service says to expect heavy rainfall and potential flooding. 

No other weekend events have been moved as of Wednesday night. This weekend, South Carolina softball is set to play in two more exhibition games in the state, and the volleyball team will host two matches against Missouri. 

Men’s soccer, men’s tennis and women's cross country are all scheduled to participate in events out of state. 

Editor's note: This is a developing story, check back for updates.