Speaker of the student senate Noah Glasgow to step down

<p>FILE—Speaker of the student senate Noah Glasgow poses for a picture in front of the president's house. Glasgow will step down on Jan. 18 to pursue an internship with the U.S. Department of State.&nbsp;</p>
FILE—Speaker of the student senate Noah Glasgow poses for a picture in front of the president's house. Glasgow will step down on Jan. 18 to pursue an internship with the U.S. Department of State. 

Speaker of the USC student senate Noah Glasgow is resigning effective Jan. 18 to pursue an internship with the U.S. Department of State. The position will be filled by current Speaker pro tempore of the student senate Natalie Trimble. 

"I'm not leaving this organization with many regrets, actually with any regrets honestly, except for that I just wish I could have closed out the term," Glasgow said. 

Glasgow, an international relations student with a minor in African American studies, is graduating a year ahead of schedule in May. His last semester will be spent in Washington D.C., while he attends USC courses online. 

Trimble will hold the position of speaker until the elections for the 115th student senate later in the spring. In November, she took over the position of pro tempore after former Speaker pro tempore Jada Hudson resigned. 

“(Noah) always, without fail, dedicates his whole self to the student body and to the proper functioning of Student Government, and I just want to do my absolute best to give that same dedication and effort to the student body that Noah has relentlessly given, so I look up to him immensely.” Trimble said. 

Trimble said she plans on continuing Glasgow's legacy by working on existing initiatives and supporting every chair under the Office of the Speaker.

Glasgow's chief of staff, Jordyn Velez, will continue to work under Trimble as she takes on the role.

“I'm excited to watch (Trimbel's) sweet self expand into a leadership role in this nurturing, kind way that she does it," Velez said. "She'll keep everything in tune."