South Carolina men's, women's basketball teams set to participate in 2024 NCAA Tournaments

The South Carolina men's and women's basketball teams are set to compete in their respective NCAA Tournaments after both tournaments' brackets were revealed Sunday night.

This year's tournament will be the first time both Gamecock basketball teams have participated in March Madness at the same time since 2017, when the men reached the Final Four and the women captured the program's first-ever national title.

The South Carolina men's basketball team will enter the tournament as a No. 6 seed, its highest NCAA Tournament seed since 1998 when it was a No. 3 seed. The Gamecocks received an at-large bid after falling to Auburn in the quarterfinal round of the SEC Tournament on Friday.

South Carolina will face off against No. 11 seed Oregon, who finished the regular season with a 20-11 record and won the PAC-12 Tournament, in the opening round of the tournament. The Gamecocks will take on the winner of No. 3 seed Creighton and No. 14 seed Akron if it advances to the round of 32.

Tipoff will be at 4 p.m. on Thursday, and the game will be broadcast on TNT. 

The South Carolina women's basketball team received an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament after beating LSU 79-72 in the SEC Tournament Championship game on March 10. The Gamecocks will enter the tournament as a No. 1 seed for the fourth straight season and play its first and second-round games at Colonial Life Arena.

South Carolina's first game of the tournament will come against the winner of two No. 16 seeds — Sacred Heart and Presbyterian — that will play against each other in a First Four matchup early next week. Sacred Heart earned an automatic bid after winning the Northeast Conference Tournament, and Presbyterian will compete in its first-ever NCAA Tournament as a Division I program after capturing a Big South Tournament title.

No. 8 seed North Carolina and No. 9 seed Michigan State will also play a round of 64 contest in Colonial Life Arena, and the winner of that game will take on the Gamecocks if it emerges victorious in the opening round.

Editor's note: This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.