J.P. West

Softball dispatches South Carolina State

The Gamecock softball team took care of business Wednesday night, making quick work of the Bulldogs from South Carolina State University in a 5-1 result, highlighted by home runs from sophomore Ansley Ard and junior Olivia Lawrence.

Softball sweeps Ole Miss over weekend

The Gamecock Softball team took care of business this weekend against SEC foe Ole Miss, capped off by Sunday night’s 7-6 come from behind victory, for the clean sweep.

Gamecocks seek revenge on Golden Gophers

The South Carolina softball team (17-8, 2-4 SEC) hits the field again today to take on the No. 16 Minnesota Golden Gophers (21-3), a team that bested them 11-4 about a month ago in the Arizona State Louisville Slugger Invitational.

Gamecocks eye 4-game sweep in desert

The South Carolina softball team hits the road this weekend to escape Columbia’s gloomy forecast in favor of somewhere sunny and 75 down in the badlands of Tempe, Ariz., for the Arizona State Louisville Slugger Invitational.

South Carolina wins 4-straight

The South Carolina softball team closed out Sunday’s game against UNC Wilmington in dramatic fashion and capped off the weekend with its fourth win as many games, securing their place as the unofficial winners of the Gamecock invitational.

Softball starts 2014 season at home

Bouncing around the bottom floor of the brand new softball stadium, laughing and chatting away, the women of South Carolina softball are full of new life and energy.

Women's tennis goes 1-1 against top-50 teams

The women’s tennis team got back in action this weekend against two formidable opponents in 44th-ranked VCU and 14th-ranked UVA. The No. 33 Gamecocks took care of business against Virginia Commonwealth and got their first big win of the season in a matchup that went 4-3.

Gamecock seniors set for last home matchup

The Gamecock swimming and diving teams will get back in action this weekend after two weeks off when they take on two formidable opponents in Queens University and Wingate University.

Late-season losses fuel women in new year

After stumbling through last season and finishing 13-12 overall and 6-7 in the conference, coach Kevin Epley and the Gamecock women’s tennis team are hoping for a much better campaign this year.

More articles »