Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk suspended against Gamecocks

It was announced Tuesday night that Missouri starting quarterback Maty Mauk has been suspended for Saturday’s game against South Carolina. The redshirt junior has started 22 games in his collegiate career, including two against the Gamecocks.

The school did not announce the nature of Mauk’s suspension, citing only “disciplinary reasons.”

Junior offensive lineman Malik Cuellar was also suspended, per Missouri athletics.

Mauk has had a longstanding rivalry with Gamecock linebacker Skai Moore that culminated into a feud at SEC Media Days in July.

"When we play Missouri, we'll have a little something for him," Moore said in July.

With Mauk sitting out on Saturday, the Gamecock defense will instead face freshman Drew Lock, who has seen action in all four of Missouri’s games, logging a touchdown and an interception.

UPDATE: The Associate Press has reported that the suspensions will be indefinite and that Missouri will reevaluate their nature after Saturday's game.

Missouri associate athletic director Chad Moller released a statement confirming the cause for the suspensions as "disciplinary reasons related to violation of team policies." 

Mauk will not be available to the media this week, and no further sytatements will be released by the school this week. Talented freshman Drew Lock has been confirmed as the starter for the Tigers on Saturday.