The Retreat at Columbia supports local Boys & Girls Club

The Retreat at Columbia will be participating in a nationwide fundraising program this year to help support the Boys & Girls Clubs of The Midlands by raising $5,000 and giving 500 volunteer hours.
Landmark Properties, a developer and operator of student housing across the nation, will lead this Landmark Gives Back fundraising program. Landmark Gives Back has a goal of raising more than $30,000 and donating at least 2,500 volunteer hours in 2014 to local Boys & Girls Clubs across the country.
To reach this goal, Landmark will donate $1 for every bed it fills in the eight fully operational student housing communities. Currently, Landmark will donate $756 for The Retreat at Columbia’s 756 residents.
Additionally, residents and staff at each community will come together to host fundraising events Landmark will match all funds raised, dollar for dollar. According to Rob Dinwiddie, the Leasing and Marketing Director at Landmark Properties, this will be the bulk of the company’s donations.
“Through the development and ongoing management of our student housing, we have access to communities full of college students who have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and teens in their local community,” said James Whitley, vice president and COO of Landmark Properties and vice chair of the board for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Athens. “We are excited to see the positive impact that our residents and employees will have on children across the nation through Landmark Gives Back.”
Dinwiddie said that the company’s focus is “building a great sense of community,” and that the Landmark Gives Back campaign will be a great component for The Retreat’s staff and residents to work together to help the community.
He said Landmark Properties are engaging and empowering the staff at the individual communities that are involved in Landmark Gives Back. The staff members are encouraged to create committees and hold interest meetings to get residents and students involved in the campaign.
Dinwiddie added that the fund raisers and events will be fun and exciting to get everyone involved and engaged in, and he hopes that students who volunteer at the Boys & Girls Clubs will form lasting bonds.