Weekend Calendar: 4/17-4/19

FRIDAY

HAPPY HOUR HISTORY TOUR: FIVE POINTS

The fountain in Five Points, Harden Street

Fri, 5:30 p.m., $25

Learn how a trolley hub grew to be one of the most popular nightlife scenes in Columbia. This walking tour presented by Historic Columbia will feature information about the local history and architecture. Admission includes two cocktails and appetizers throughout the tour.

10TH ANNUAL BALLET STARS OF NEW YORK GALA PERFORMANCE

Koger Center for the Arts, 1051 Greene St.

Fri, 7 p.m., $15-$35

USC Dance Company instructor Stacey Calvert, a former soloist at the NYC Ballet, will stage a performance with both dancers from USC's dance program and the NYC Ballet. The gala performance will feature seven principal dancers from the NYC Ballet, as well as four ballet pieces from the NYC's repertoire.

SATURDAY

HIP HOP FAMILY DAY

1700 Block of Main St.

Sat, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Free

Part of Indie Grits and created by Love, Peace and Hip Hop,Hip Hop Family Day aims to shed light on southeastern hip hop culture. The day will be filled with music and activities suitable for people of all ages. The three headlining artists are Nice & Smooth, Monie Love and Big Gipp of the Goodie Mob.

COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL

State Fairgrounds, 1200 Rosewood Drive

Sat ,10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sun, noon to 6 p.m., $7

The 20th Annual Columbia International Festival will host more than 60 exhibitors. Walk from booth to booth to sample authentic, ethnic food from all over the world, shop for clothing and trinkets and enjoy all the different cultures.

SUNDAY

SLOW FOOD AT INDIE GRITS

711 Whaley St.

Sun, 3 p.m., $25

Presented by Indie Grits and Slow Food Columbia, the festival invites attendees to sample “food that is good for them, good for the people who grow it and good for the planet" — which is the ultimate goal of Slow Food Columbia. Each dish will include at least one local, sustainable ingredient. Chefs at Slow Food Columbia take pride in their resourceful, but creative cooking. Anyone who brings their own potluck dish will be admitted for a reduced price.