Crime Blotter: Nov. 8-Nov. 14

These briefs do not include every incident from the last week and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.

Last Tuesday, Nov. 10, at around 9:45 p.m., officers responded to a call from a 47-year-old African American man reporting a burglary at his home. The suspects threatened him and forced him at gunpoint to let them into his apartment and onto the floor. They took several of his electronic devices, including a Samsung tablet and a 47-inch flatscreen television. After the suspects left, the manremained on the floor until his wife arrived. She told the police that her nephew had threatened to rob them in the past.

At midnight Friday, Nov. 13, police responded to a report of an assault on two people, a 23-year-old African American woman and a 26-year-old African American man. The woman's father had come to her home and accused her of being "an unfit mother" before attempting to take the child away. The man attempted to separate the woman and the suspect sustained several scratches along his torso. The suspect left before the woman called the police.

Early in the morning on Saturday, Nov. 14, staff at The Cotton Gin in Five Points requested police action in dealing with a 26-year-old Caucasian man, who was badgering the staff. They had refused entry to the suspect several times, and he became increasingly irritated and aggressive. One of the staff feared for himself at one point during the suspect's hassling and punched him in the face once or twice, giving him a bloody nose. The suspect was taken to Richland Memorial Hospital and then to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center by police.