One of nation's top scorers visiting South Carolina basketball

Oklahoma State's Christien Sager (15) tries to slow down Texas Tech's Randy Onwuasor (1) during the first round of the Big 12 Tournament at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo., Wednesday, March 12, 2014. (John Sleezer/Kansas City Star/MCT)

With one scholarship open for the 2017-18 season, the South Carolina men's basketball team has a chance to add one of the country's elite scorers.

Randy Onwuasor, who averaged 23.6 points per game last season at Southern Utah, will visit South Carolina on Aug. 4, according to a report from FanRag Sports' Jon Rothsein. Rothstein was the nation's fifth-leading scorer as a redshirt junior in 2016-17.

Onwuasor could become the second graduate transfer to join this South Carolina team, along with FAU transfer Frank Booker.

The 6-foot-3, 210-pound wing had the third-most field goal attempts (619) in the nation last season, though Southern Utah struggled, finished 6-27. Despite the high usage rate, Onwuasor averaged 3.2 assists per game, to go along with 6.6 rebounds and 1.5 steals.

Onwuasor spent his first two seasons at Texas Tech coming off the bench. In his final season in Lubbock, Onwuasor recorded 4.2 points and 2.7 rebounds per game while averaging 18.2 minutes.