USC to hold in-person graduation in May at Williams-Brice

<p>Williams-Brice Stadium sits only minutes from the University of South Carolina campus.</p>
Williams-Brice Stadium sits only minutes from the University of South Carolina campus.

USC plans to hold multiple in-person graduation ceremonies for May 2021 graduates over the course of four days.

The ceremonies will take place in Williams-Brice Stadium and will also be live-streamed online. The in-person ceremonies will occur rain or shine, according to USC's website

Students will be able to get five guest tickets each. Students approved to attend commencement will receive more details on tickets via email. 

Make-up recognition ceremonies will also be held for those who graduated online in the spring, summer or winter of 2020. Graduates can RSVP here to sign up and must do so by March 24 in order to attend. 

The make-up ceremonies will take place at an undetermined time on May 15 at Williams-Brice Stadium.

The in-person ceremony for May 2021 graduates in the Darla Moore School of Business, Arnold School of Public Health and School of Music will be on May 7 at 6 p.m.

Students in the Bachelor of Arts and Sciences program of the Honors College, College of Arts and Sciences and College of Information and Communication will have their ceremony on May 8 at 9:30 a.m.  

On May 8 at 6 p.m., students from the Colleges of Education; Pharmacy; Engineering and Computing; Social Work; Nursing; Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management; and the Palmetto College will attend their ceremony. 

Students of the School of Law will have commencement on May 7 on the Horseshoe at 9 a.m.

Students graduating with a doctoral degree will have their ceremony on May 8 in the Koger Center at 1 p.m.

Students in the School of Medicine will have a virtual ceremony on May 6 at noon. 

"We are excited to safely celebrate your accomplishments along with your families and loved ones," President Bob Caslen said in an email statement. "We made this decision in consultation with our public health experts, and each ceremony will be conducted with the proper risk mitigation measures to ensure the safety of our graduates and guests."