South Carolina athletics partners with sports management firm to create in-house NIL agency

<p>Cocky on the sideline of Neyland Stadium on Oct. 9, 2021.</p>
Cocky on the sideline of Neyland Stadium on Oct. 9, 2021.

Gamecock Athletics partnered with Everett Sports Management (ESM) to create an in-house NIL agency for its student-athletes, Athletics Director Ray Tanner announced Tuesday. 

The agency, called Park Ave, is the first of its kind in the country. An NIL firm partnering with a sports agency to exclusively represent a university was previously unheard of. 

Park Ave will provide student-athletes with branding, deal negotiation, creative content, data and analytics services from top sports management professionals free of charge.

“We are excited to bring these opportunities to our student-athletes,” Tanner said in a press release. “ESM is a leader in the field of sports marketing and has a tremendous track record in representing athletes in brand development. I appreciate our staff and donors who helped us put this arrangement together. I am confident it will be a tremendous name, image and likeness resource for our student-athletes.”

ESM represents athletes across all sports and genders, including the NFL's Mac Jones and Jonathan Taylor. It is regarded as a top sports management agency.

“With ESM’s background in data, analytics and the caliber of talent they manage, it was a no-brainer to seek their partnership and counsel to rethink NIL and develop an entity that will position our student athletes to be the leaders in NIL procurement and execution,” South Carolina Senior Deputy Athletics Director Chance Miller said.