10 ways to enjoy your last few weeks of summer

There is less than a month left before classes start and there are still a million things we can think of that need to be done before heading back to campus.

Bags need to be packed, books need to be bought and so much more fun needs to be had.

There is still time for you to make the best of what time we have left to enjoy the freedom that summer time has to offer. Here is a list of ten things you need to try before August 20.

1. Go to a drive-in movie. These are awesome because you can bring your own drinks and food and listen to the movie in the comfort of your own car. If you are still in Columbia, check out The Big Mo. It’s relatively inexpensive and you get to watch two movies. They also have a concession stand to stampede between movies.
  2. Take a beach day. Who doesn’t love the beach? If you live near the coast, pack up your car with blankets, snacks and sunscreen, and head to the beach. If you don’t, maybe a lake trip or day around the pool will do you some good.
  3. Watch the sun rise. How many of us can say we have truly seen this? Waking up early may not be on your list of fun things to do, but it is truly a beautiful and enlightening experience to watch the earth wake up.
  4. Watch the sun set. Most of us are awake for this one, so go somewhere beautiful such as a hillside or a river so you can watch the sun set.
  5. Bake Something. The internet is full of funky and delicious recipes to cook something everyone will love. Cakes, brownies or even dinner meals will leave you full and satisfy your boredom.
  6. Try a new restaurant. When is the last time you had Thai food or Jamaican food?
  7. Have a bonfire. These are some of your last weeks hanging out with your hometown friends or local acquaintances. Grab a barrel or some firewood, play some music, get some marshmallows and have a bonfire with your friends.
  8. Game night. Throwback to your childhood with some Monopoly and Trouble. Maybe even place a bet or two on how harshly you are going to dominate the game board. Or maybe you are more sophisticated and want to bust out some poker or card games.
  9. Sleep all day. This doesn’t sound too exciting, but once school starts you are going to be dying to sleep in. So take advantage of the day and rest.
  10. Go out on the town. There are still so many places I have not been in Columbia or in my hometown. So take this chance to explore, maybe you’ll find something awesome.