Crime Blotter: Nov. 22 — Nov. 28

These briefs do not include every incident from the last week and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.

Around 9 a.m. Wednesday, police responded to a call for a physical altercation between multiple brothers. The victim, a 46-year-old African-American male, reported that the other had "promised to kill him in his sleep." The suspect was compliant when police questioned him, but continued to make vague references to the threat, although officers never witnessed a threat in full. The victim stated that his hand was injured when he put the suspect in a choke hold to keep him from attacking a third brother and their mother.

Shortly after noon on Saturday, police responded to a fight in progress. The witness, a 47-year-old African-American man, said that he saw the suspect beating up the victim, a 47-year-old Caucasian woman, and dragging her by the hair. The witness intervened and began fighting with the suspect, who remained on the scene  after police arrived. Both the witness and the suspect sustained minor injuries. The suspect was confirmed to have two previous offenses and transported to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.

Around noon on Monday, police responded to a report of stalking and harassment. The victim, a 53-year-old African-American woman, told the responding officer that the suspect, a 56-year-old African American man and the father of her daughter, had been watching her home for the past three months. The suspect also left her threatening voice mails, stating that he would shoot any unknown man he sees the victim with. He also said he would attack any man with her at the hospital during the daughter's surgery. The victim told police that the suspect had acted on his threats in the past and she is scared he will do so again.