Crime Blotter: 2/7/16 - 2/13/16

On Saturday around 12 p.m., officers responded to an altercation on Gadsden Street. The victim, a 54-year-old woman, told police that she was yelling and waving a stick at her neighbor's dogs after they got out because she was afraid they would attack stray cats in the neighborhood. She said that her neighbor, the 50-year-old male suspect, approached her and threatened to attack her for yelling at the dogs. A witness approached both of them and confronted the suspect. The suspect told police that he was upset because the victim was trying to hit his dogs with the stick, and he didn't think this was necessary. He also said that the witness threatened him and admitted to replying that he would fight the witness. The victim told police that she wanted to go before a judge because the situation with the dogs was an ongoing problem between herself and the suspect.

On Thursday around 12:30 a.m., an officer responded to a call from an apartment complex on Tremain Street, where he found a car driven partway off a ledge near the apartments' parking lot. Several residents of a nearby apartment were waiting outside their door, and one of them, 33-year-old Antonio Alston, identified himself as the person who drove off the road. He told police he turned off the road thinking that it was the exit. The officer observed that Alston was unsteady and slurring his speech, and after administering the appropriate tests for drunkenness, Alston was documented for driving under the influence.