In Brief: 7/24/16

Fire truck collides with car en route to fire

A Lexington County Fire Department truck reportedly collided with a car on Saturday on its way to respond to a call. The incident occurred at St. Andrews and Trams Roads in Irmo according to The State, and witnesses say the truck's lights and sirens were both on when it hit the car. The two people in the car were taken to a local hospital.

Richland car chase involves gunfire

A high-speed Richland County car chase resulted in a crash and wounded victim early Saturday morning. The Sheriff's Department reports deputies responding to a call about two cars chasing each other, and that the chase ended when one of the vehicles crashed into a home. The crashed car was a Mazda, the occupants of which fled the scene, according to WIS. A hospitalized person with gunshot wounds was reported to have been involved in the crash, but not in the Mazda. Officials are further investigating the incident. 

Three horses shot in Pelion

Lexington County officials are investigating the shooting of three horses on Water Tank Road, seeking the help of tips from the public in finding possible suspects. According to Sheriff Jay Koon, the horses' owner reported suspicion that the horses were shot, a deputy responded and found gunshot wounds on the horses. The horses have received veterinary care, ABC Columbia reports. The sheriff's department believes the shooting was Thursday, and they hope that people with more information will call CrimeStoppers.