Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lil Wayne to release new albums this fall

Rock, rap, country artists drop latest recordings in August, September

The summer of 2011 is one that will go down in the books as a whirlwind of musical might and talent. From powerhouse duos like Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj who rattled the rafters on their "Femme Fatale" tour to the Arctic Monkey's trot with the Vaccines and Lil Wayne's global "I Am Still Music"excursion, this past concert season has been nothing short of impressive. Now that class is in session and the feel of fall is tingling through the air, summer has finally come to an end. However, fall is the season of new album releases, and with new records slated to come out almost every day, there's no reason to quit jamming even after the lazy days are over. Here are a few upcoming releases that are worth the trip to your local record store.

Lil Wayne

"Tha Carter IV"

This time last year, millions of Weezy fans were counting down the days until the self-titled "best rapper alive" was released from his one-year stint in New York's Rikers Island. In the meantime, Tunechi had released several smash singles over the summer, including a guest spot on Drake's "Light Up (Rikers Remix)", rapping over the phone about jail commissary and fan mail. Now, Wayne fans eagerly await something else: "Tha Carter IV." Sure, it's been three years since the massive success of "Tha Carter III" in 2008, and Weezy's done his fair share of dabbling in both rock ("Rebirth") and electronic ("I Am Not a Human Being") in the time since, but now it seems that Wayne has finally returned to the roots that have garnered him so many loyal followers and die-hard fans. In the time leading up to "Carter IV," Wayne has already released three singles: "John," "6 Foot 7 Foot," and "How to Love," that have all skyrocketed to the top of the charts with praise from critics and fans alike. And no one loves his fans more than Lil Wayne; he even dropped a mixtape in July, appropriately titled "Sorry 4 the Wait," as his apology to fans for taking his sweet time with "Carter IV."

Red Hot Chili Peppers

"I'm with You"

Ever since they first joined up together in 1983, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have always seemed to be in transition: from numerous lineup changes throughout the years to frontman Anthony Kiedis' struggle with substance abuse and their experimentation with their unique rock and roll sound. However, the Chili Peppers have also consistently ushered in new eras of rock, with hit albums like "Blood Sugar Sex Magik," and the two-disc odyssey that was "Stadium Arcadium." They even upped the ante with Flea, the wildly awesome and energetic bassist who holds a charge that would make the even the Energizer Bunny jealous. It's been five years since "Stadium Arcadium" was released upon fans, and who are now hungry for more Peppers. Even without the almighty John Frusciante on guitar, the band has promised fans that it will still sound like the Chili Peppers they love, just "really a lot different." Yeah, OK. The first single from "I'm with You," a track titled "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie," has been released to lukewarm reception and only time will tell whether the new album is really up to snuff.

Lady Antebellum

"Own the Night"

There aren't too many country trios out there that can make the simple crossover from the twangy, heartfelt sounds of country music over to the mainstream charts. However, the country crooners of Lady Antebellum are an exception to this rule, receiving critical acclaim and awards from both the Country Music Association and the Grammy's for tracks like "Need You Now" and "I Run to You." In January of this year, the band began work on its third studio album, entitled "Own the Night." Lady A claims that they have taken "more time to write and record this album than ever before," and the trio is very excited to release fresh tracks to their fans. The debut single from the album, "Just a Kiss," was released at the beginning of May and debuted at the No. 7 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 charts, setting a record in the music industry. The band, which barely took a breath after its Grammy wins before hitting the studio again, hopes to continue a successful and award-winning streak with the release of "Own the Night," pushing to keep Lady A admirers happy until the end of the night.