Two Gamecocks have career nights as Gamecocks defeat over Bulldogs

It was a record breaking night for South Carolina's Jacob Olson in Charleston Tuesday night against the Citadel. The Gamecocks were able to break their losing rut and defeat the Bulldogs, 12-1.

Olson found his rhythm again at the Citadel after setting a new career-high of five RBI's, breaking last year's record that was also set at the Citadel.

South Carolina set the tone of the game after scoring in the third which brought the score to 2-0. Carlos Cortes and LT Tolbert managed to get the ball rolling and secure their team's momentum going forward.

The will for the Gamecocks did not stop in the third, allowing them to score two more runs in the fourth. These two runs were executed by Olson with a two-run home to the left making it his ninth of the season. 

Madison Stokes also caught the eyes of the fans as he hit his sixth home run of the year by driving in two runs. This was Stokes first start since March 24 after battling injuries the past few weeks. Having him back in the lineup and giving the same production he gave before he got injured will be a huge boost to the Gamecocks offense. 

Carmen Moodzinski got his first career-start at South Carolina and gave his team a quality start on the road. The true freshman pitched a career-high five innings and struck out a career-high five strikeouts to earn his first win and help give the Gamecocks some momentum from the mound. 

The contagious spirit from each player lead to South Carolina continuing to power over its competition by breaking out seven runs in the seventh inning. This now marks the most runs in an inning for the Gamecocks this season, the closet one being six against Kentucky this past weekend.

There is much anticipation for South Carolina's next competition, as the Gamecocks travel to No. 3 Arkansas for a three-game series starting Thursday night at 6 p.m.