The Moore School is committed to changing lives through education and accomplishing this by working in a diverse and inclusive community.
The variety of perspectives and experiences of our faculty, staff and students are invaluable assets and the Moore School strives to create an environment where all are equally valued and have the opportunity to succeed.
The Moore School is undertaking intentional, concerted efforts to address diversity and inclusion among its students, faculty and staff. With two new team members recently added to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion to elevate its efforts, Moore School Diversity and Inclusion initiatives now include:
- Introduction of the Dominion Energy Power Forward high school pipeline program with Richland One and Richland Two School Districts with plans to expand to other districts in South Carolina over time.
- The Rising Scholars program for in-state underrepresented students, now in its fourth cohort.
- The provision of scholarships and fellowships for underrepresented minorities and students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- The launching of HBCUs accelerated master’s programs.
- The offering of Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Training for student organizations.
- The founding of the Black Alumni Alliance where African American alumni aid in recruiting and supporting African American students.
- The offering of the Courageous Conversations program where students, faculty, staff and alumni engage in meaningful discussions about diversity and inclusion across identities and dimensions of difference.
- The introduction of the Intercultural Development Assessment Pilot, which students take to assess their cultural competencies when interacting across different cultures.
- The delivery of other Diversity and Inclusion courses and training.
At this vital time in our nation’s history, the Moore School understands that enhancing diversity across all stakeholders is imperative.
Deborah Hazzard, Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA), MBA and Certified Diversity Executive (CDE)
Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
Tiara Dungy, M.A. in International Relations
Director of Inclusive Engagement
Ashley Elliott, M.S. in Integrated Marketing Communications
Manager of Scholar Engagement
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Darla Moore School of Business