Gamecocks baseball players put in hard work even during the offseason

Multiple Gamecocks are spending the summer playing in summer leagues across the country. Some players have stayed local and are teammates, while others have ventured far away.

Lexington County Blowfish, Coastal Plain League

Canaan Cropper: In 20.0 innings pitched, Cropper has struck out 13 batters while giving up five walks. He’s given up 18 hits and 13 runs, while posting a 3.60 ERA and is currently 2-1.

Madison Stokes: Stokes is batting .312 with 34 hits in 109 at-bats, including four doubles and two triples. He has 15 runs scored and has driven in 18 while successfully stealing eight bases. Stokes was named as a Coastal Plain League All-Star.

Taylor Widener: Wideneris 1-2 so far with a 2.53 ERA in five starts. In 32.0 innings pitched, he’s given up 29 hits and 16 runs but thrown 43 strikeouts with only seven walks. He is in third place for number of strikeouts in the league. Widener was named as a Coastal Plain League All-Star.

Jared Williams: In 28 games played, Williams is hitting a .322 average with 37 hits and 26 runs scored. He has four doubles, one triple, 16 RBIs and leads the team in stolen bases with nine. Williams was named as a Coastal Plain League All-Star.

Wilmington Sharks, Coastal Plain League

Alex Destino: Destino is currently batting .315 in 25 games played. In his 111 at-bats, he’s had 35 hits and 14 runs, while driving in 26 runs. He’s hit 6 doubles, one triple and four home runs, and has stolen one base. He is currently tied for third in the league for runs batted in (26). Destino has also had some experience pitching; in 1.1 innings, he gave up one hit and walked two while striking out two and has a 0.00 ERA. Destino was named as a Coastal Plain League All-Star.

John Parke: Parke is currently 3-1 this summer with a pretty high ERA of 5.10. In his 30.0 innings pitched, he’s given up 37 hits and 19 runs, 17 of those earned, and walked 21. In his appearances, he’s thrown 23 strikeouts.

Reed Scott: Scott has posted a 2.29 ERA this summer with a 1-1 record. In 19.2 innings pitched, he’s thrown 17 strikeouts while walking seven batters. He’s given up 13 hits and only six runs, five earned.

Matthew Vogel: In 13.0 innings pitched, Vogel has an impressive ERA of 1.38, where he’s only given up six hits and two runs. He’s walked 10 but struck out 22. He is tied for second in the league for the number of saves (4). Vogel was named as a Coastal Plain League All-Star.

Wilson Tobs, Coastal Plain League

Everett Eynon: Eynon is currently hitting .214 with 14 hits in 70 at-bats. He has two stolen bases, as well as two RBIs with one double.

Marcus Mooney: Mooney is batting .274 with 20 hits in 73 at-bats. He has driven in 11 runs, with five doubles, and has eight runs scored.

Clark Scolamiero: In 113 at-bats, Scolamiero has 34 hits, giving him a .301 average. He’s successfully stolen 14 bases out of 16 attempts, and has four doubles, 9 RBIs and 24 runs scored. Scolamiero was named as a Coastal Plain League All-Star.

Florence Redwolves, Coastal Plain League

Tyler Haswell: In 34.2 innings pitched, Haswell has given up 32 hits and 18 runs, but has struck out 34. He currently has a 1.82 ERA with a 2-2 record.

Matt Williams: Williams is batting .219 with 14 hits in 73 at-bats. He has four doubles, one triple and 10 RBIs.

Peninsula Pilots, Coastal Plain League

Hunter Taylor: In 63 at-bats, Taylor is hitting .222 with 14 hits, two of those doubles and one a home run.

Bethesda Big Train, Cal Ripken League

Alex Calvert: Calvert currently has a 3.70 ERA and a 3-0 record. In 24.1 innings pitched, he has 23 strikeouts, while walking 12 and giving up 19 hits. Calvert is tied for the most wins (3) in the league and is in third for number of strikeouts (23).

Cotuit Kettleers, Cape Cod League

Gene Cone: Cone is currently batting .204 in 49 at-bats. He has 10 hits and four runs scored, one home run and three RBIs. He also has two stolen bases.

Plymouth Pilgrims, New England League

Tyler Johnson: In 26.0 innings pitched, Johnson has struck out 17 while giving up 25 hits and seven walks. In four games, he has a 2.42 ERA with a 2-0 record.

Aldie Senators, Valley League

Weber Pike: Pike is currently batting .315 with 23 hits in 73 at-bats. He has nine runs scored, five doubles and 15 stolen bases. He leads the Valley League in RBIs with 26.