Crime Blotter: Feb. 8 - Feb. 15

The blotter comes from police reports released by the USC Division of Law Enforcement and Safety and doesn’t include crimes reported by city or county law enforcement.

Reports from Feb. 8 to Feb. 15
Disorderly conduct — 1

Fake/other ID use — 1

Larceny/theft from building — 5

Drugs/narcotics violations — 3

Vandalism/destruction of property — 6

Alcohol/liquor law violation — 1

Larceny of bicycle — 2

Larceny/theft from vehicle — 1

— A Bates House resident punched a telephone pole early on the morning of Feb. 8 and had a bloody hand when an officer responded to the incident. When the officer noticed the student smelled of beer and was slurring his speech, he asked him for his driver’s license. The officer discovered that the identification the student had provided was fake — the student’s real age was 18, four years younger than what the ID said — and the student was cited for having a fake ID and underage possession of alcohol.

— A student was discovered passed out and smelling of alcohol on a couch in the lobby of Capstone House in the wee hours of Feb. 10. Officers tried to wake him but could not. Emergency medical responders arrived and woke the student up, who admitted to drinking at least six beers that night. He was arrested for disorderly conduct and underage possession of alcohol.

— After a student was pulled over for running a red light, a police officer smelled a strong odor of marijuana and noticed the student had red, glassy eyes and a bag of what appeared to be marijuana in his passenger seat. After searching the car, the officer found drug paraphernalia -— including a water pipe made out of a Gatorade bottle — bottles of whiskey and wine and multiple rounds of ammunition. A Bates House resident mentor performed a health and safety check on the student’s room and found no weapons. The student stated he used the ammunition for hunting and was cited for simple possession of marijuana and underage possession of alcohol.

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.