​Crime Blotter: Jan. 31 – Feb. 6

— On Feb. 2, an officer made contact with a man who appeared intoxicated and smelled of alcohol on Greene Street. The officer tried to talk to the man, but realized that the man was deaf — he continued to communicate with him by writing on his notepad. Another officer arrived on scene and ran the man’s information, finding that he had previously trespassed on USC property. After the man stepped off the sidewalk and proceeded to urinate on the ground, the officer arrested him for public disorderly conduct. Once he was under arrest, the man became “uncooperative and forcefully sat on the ground," and the officers had to carry him to the police vehicle.  He continued to act uncooperatively and banged his head on the counter and wall of the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.

— An officer was dispatched to Russell House after reports of a homeless person sleeping inside the building Feb. 4. The reporting party led the officer to the fourth floor stairwell where a homeless man had been sleeping. After the officer asked him what he was doing, the man got up and ran out.  The officer searched the Russell House and found a person matching the description on the second floor. After the officer ran his ID, he found the man had also trespassed last July. The man was placed under arrest for trespassing and brought to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.

— On Jan. 31, a woman reported that after she applied for a job with Peaceland Farms through USC’s JobMate, she was told she had gotten the job; however, the woman who hired her communicated strictly through text messages. The woman then received a check in the mail for $3,800 and deposited it in her account at Wells Fargo. The employer contacted her the next day instructing her to remove $3,400 from her account and deposit it at Bank of America under the name Adela Ramos. After becoming suspicious, the female reported the activities to law enforcement.

Crime Blotters don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.