Recipe of the week: Pumpkin muffins

Pumpkin muffins sitting on a plate. The muffins are perfect for fall.

Inspired by my mother:

Who doesn’t love the fall? The leaves are starting to change color, and more people can be seen wearing sweatshirts. Fall is here, and pumpkin-flavored drinks and treats are in season. This easy recipe for delicious pumpkin muffins only requires two ingredients. Making these pumpkin muffins takes about 30 minutes, so it is a quick task. Yielding 12 standard-size muffins, this recipe creates enough for you to share with your friends, or you can store and eat them all by yourself. The hardest part is trying not to eat them too fast.

Ingredients:

1 box of spice cake mix

1 16 oz can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your muffin pan with cupcake liners, or grease your pan with cooking spray or oil so the batter doesn’t stick. Then, combine the spice cake mix and the can of pumpkin puree together in a bowl and stir. Make sure to use a handheld electric mixer or stir by hand really well to ensure there are no chunks of cake mix leftover.

Separate the batter evenly into your muffin tray. If you want to spice up your pumpkin muffins, you can sprinkle chocolate chips or cinnamon on top. 

Bake in the oven for 18 to 22 minutes for regular-sized muffins. They should come out golden brown. You can test if they are done by sticking a toothpick in a muffin, and if it comes out clean they are done. Serve fresh out of the oven, or store and reheat in the microwave.