In Brief: 9/23/16

Elderly Newberry woman bound, robbed

A 73-year-old woman is recovering from injuries after being assaulted, bound and robbed in her own home, The State reports. The incident took place at a home in Newberry when the elderly woman found a man in her car Wednesday night. The man proceeded to beat the woman, tie her up in her own home and steal money and jewelry. Police are still searching for the robber.

- Compiled by Mary Ramsey, News Editor

Mother arrested over confronation with son's bullies

A Richland County mom is facing assault charges after a fight with students who allegedly bullied her son, WLTX reports. The woman reportedly confronted students at her son's bus stop then followed them onto the school bus when it came. While the bus driver tried to intervene, the mother grabbed a student and pinched and pushed him. She is charged with third degree assault and interfering with the normal operations of a school bus.

- Compiled by Mary Ramsey, News Editor

Netflix announces first film in S.C.

Netflix is filming a full-length film in Charleston, The Post and Courier reports. The project, entitled "Naked," is based on a Swedish romantic comedy and is set in Charleston. It stars Marlon Wayans and features Regina Hall as a producer. Production is set to begin in October, and the film is expected to be available on Netflix by 2017. It's the first full-length Netflix project filmed in the Palmetto State.

- Compiled by Mary Ramsey, News Editor