Three suspects arrested after Columbiana Centre Mall shooting leaves 15 injured

Three suspects have been arrested in connection to a shooting at the Columbiana Centre mall on Saturday afternoon that left 15 people injured.

Police arrested Jewayne M. Price, 22. Price was charged with the unlawful carrying of a pistol, a count of attempted murder and nine counts of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature Columbia Police Department Chief Skip Holbrook said during a press conference Monday.

Police also arrested Marquise Love Robinson, 20. Robinson was charged with attempted murder, unlawful carrying of a pistol and nine counts of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature Holbrook said.

A third suspect, Amari Sincere Jamal Smith, was arrested after he turned himself in to law enforcement. Smith will receive "the same charges as the two previously charged suspects" according to the Columbia Police Department Twitter account.

Nine victims suffered gunshot wounds during the shooting, which officials believe stemmed from an ongoing conflict with the perpetrators. Six other victims suffered injuries while attempting to flee the mall for safety. 

A 73-year-old female is still receiving medical treatment as of Tuesday, April 19. The other victims have been treated and released from care CPD reported. None of the injuries have been fatal. 

No students are known to be injured or involved in the shooting, university spokesperson Jeff Stensland said. 

Three people were seen with guns inside the mall, Holbrook said in a press conference on Saturday. 

"We believe that the individuals that were armed knew each other and there was some kind of conflict that occurred that resulted in gunfire," Holbrook said. "This was not a situation where we had some random person show up at the mall to discharge a firearm and injure people."

The shooting occurred at approximately 2 p.m.

Women’s basketball freshman guard Bree Hall was at the mall on Saturday, according to a tweet posted by her mother. Hall was supposed to be at the South Carolina spring game Saturday night, but did not attend.

"She is okay but a little shook up. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers," the tweet said. 

One man, Damien Mitchell, was at the mall for his son's birthday when the shooting occurred.

"People just started running and saying 'Get out the mall, you need to leave now. Get out, get out, there's a shooting,'" Mitchell said.

Anyone with any information can call the police at 803-545-3525.

Editor's note: This is a developing story. Check back for updates.