Review: A Sucker for You — The Jonas Brothers headline a nostalgic night in Columbia

The Jonas Brothers performed The Tour at Colonial Life Arena on Oct. 10, 2023. Brothers Kevin Jonas, Nick Jonas and Joe Jonas play over sixty of their songs from five of their albums during each night of their 12th tour together. The trio is set to perform over 70 concerts in the U.S., Europe and Australia through spring 2024.

Band: Jonas Brothers 

Concert Date: Oct. 10, 2023

Rating: A

A Rating Graphic - Stock

The Jonas Brothers lit up Colonial Life Arena with an unforgettable night of the band's most iconic hits Tuesday night. Fans were taken on an immersive journey from 2006 to 2023 as the sibling trio emptied the tank throughout the night.

The Columbia concert marked the 33rd stop on The Tour, the brothers' 12th tour, and the concert featured music from all six of the band's studio albums, Nick Jonas’ hit single, "Jealous," and DNCE’S "Cake by the Ocean."

There was a last-minute alteration to the highly anticipated show when, hours before the concert, it was announced that supporting band Lawrence would no longer be performing, but it meant a night even more heavily focused on the Jonas Brothers' classics.

The night started on a high with the track "Celebrate!" from the band's most recent album, which set the tone for the electrifying night of pop perfection and screaming lyrics at unimaginable decible levels.

An orchestra complimented Nick, Joe and Kevin on one of the three stages at the arena and included vocalists, guitarists, a pianist and a saxonphonist to match all of the eras of the Jonas Brothers.

The brothers continued the party with tracks from their 2008 album, ‘A Little Bit Longer," before pausing for a short intermission, which marked one of the few negative moments for the night. The intermission itself was unusual for the band because at many shows on The Tour, guest acts filled the break. At one of its shows in New York, the Jonas Brothers had Jimmy Fallon perform his own rendition of The Killers' "Mr Brightside" between their sets. However, fans in Columbia just had to wait out the 15 minutes for more music.

"Montana Sky" was the opener for the second half of the night, which momentarily calmed the crowd as phone torches were lit throughout the poignant song. Joe hugged his brothers as the song came to an end, which quickly became a heart-warming moment for the crowd, and the trio resumed their journey through the decades for the final push through the show.

The atmosphere escalated once again as Nick stood alone for his TikTok-famous song, "Jealous," once again exciting the crowd. Afterward, Joe took the stage and blessed the crowd with another anthem via his debut DNCE hit "Cake by The Ocean" from 2015.

The crowd knew the concert was coming to a close as the Jonases wound down to their final hits with the help of golden fireworks, glitter machines, fire coming from the front of the stage and even a kiss cam. The lights were dimmed one final time as the boys unleashed their single, "Sucker" with everything they had left to close out the night on a high.

The lively show was an exhibition of the great talent that the Jonas Brothers posses. It allowed fans to reminisce on the memories they have of each album and showcased the success of the band from the past 20 years.